Saturday, March 28, 2009

the catalyst

So why more serious this time?

I was out in the yard watering. It's amazing how dry it's been in Colorado this year. I spent > 2 hours watering all the bushes and plants. Needless to say, standing there with a hose in your hand trying NOT to do your best Bill Murray with a hose between your legs impression ala Caddyshack can get a bit boring. I took my iPod out there with me and was playing this mental game of watering each bush/tree the length of whatever song I was listening to. I'm sure I looked like the grand dork to all the passersby tapping my leg to the beat of the song. Needless to say, there is a lot of good guitar music out there and I found myself over and over and over again wanting to play each song for real. I had to restrain myself from doing my best air guitar because...in all honesty....air guitarists look like big dorks. Especially 40 year old ones.

That evening I jacked the guitar in and started working on various scales my "benefactor" gave me. It was great. I had fun. I have a goal.

No comments: